There is no doubt that broccoli sprouts are good for your health. They are not only delicious, but are a great addition to your diet considering their high nutritional content and remedial properties. They are rich in an assortment of essential minerals, vitamins and various other nutrients that play a pivotal role in keeping you fit and healthy.
A lot of people love to add broccoli sprouts to many dishes just for their unique flavour without knowing about the nutritional treasure they hold. These sprouts supply your body with the right amount of protein and good fats that go far in providing adequate nourishment to body cells and organs. They are also an amazing source of Vitamin A, B, C, E and K.
Some of the striking reasons to include broccoli seeds in your daily diet are given as follows:
- Broccoli sprouts present a very cost-effective way to get all the nutrients your body needs without spending a significant portion of your hard earned money on synthetic supplements, which are not only expensive, but can also lead to a number of harmful side-effects.
- Moreover, when you opt to have broccoli sprouts you know that you are having fresh produce, however, this assurance does not accompany artificially manufactured products as you do not know the precise age of ingredients being used in their preparation.
- Another fabulous reason why you should use broccoli sprouts is that they contain an impressive amount of a particular cancer fighting agent, a photochemical called sulforaphane. It is present in normal broccoli too, but it has been found out after various extensive studies that their content increases by 50 times in broccoli sprouts.
- It is known to be a powerful natural remedy to treat different types cancer, particularly breast cancer and colon cancer.
- Furthermore, sprouted broccoli also hasglucosinolates and isothiocyanates that are known to prevent the development of malignant cells. It can be surprising to know that they contain 100 times more of these beneficial compounds as compared to their quantity present in a fully grown head of broccoli.
- These sprouts are very easy to digest and do not put any extra pressure on the digestive system of the body.
- Moreover, there is no need to consume the broccoli sprouts right away when the broccoli gets sprouted as they do not lose their nutritional valueeven after days of getting sprouted.
- They provide an invaluable aid in controlling high blood pressure and managing heart rate.
- Another good reason to eat broccoli sprouts is that they help in decreasing the effects of oxidative stress due to the presence of a significant amount of antioxidants.
- Plus, the high amount of antioxidants present in broccoli sprouts also keeps the number of free radicals and unattended electrolytes in check.
- It alsohelps in detoxification of the body and play a role in reversing the damage done by diabetes caused due to vascular problems. It is for this reason that broccoli is also sometimes referred to as the “sugar miracle” due to its matchless ability to help overcome the problems linked with high blood sugar effectively.
- It is also known to clear channels for blood circulation in the body for proper flow of the nutrient-rich blood to appropriately reach all parts of the body. And, in this way it prevents many common problems associated with blocked blood channels like inflammation in the blood vessels, sensitive feet and also numbness of the limbs.
Definitely, broccoli offers many health benefits that are difficult to be availed through any other single vegetable or fruit. Broccoli can be sprouted easily at home. You just need a few broccoli seeds for sprouting, a sprouting jar and a few seconds a day to wash the broccoli seeds. In a couple of days your sprouted broccoli will be ready for consumption.
You can even get broccoli sprouts from an organic store, but it is always better to grow them yourself. The process of growing your own food can be very rewarding and it gives you a satisfaction that whatever is going in your body is completely natural and free of chemicals. When you get your sprouts from the market you are always unsure about the way your food has been grown, so in order to avoid this uncertainty, it is suggested to grow your own sprouts easily at home.
Clearly, considering all these benefits it can be straightforwardly said that broccoli sprouts are a great armour against a host of infections as well as diseasesItis considered wise to have broccoli sprouts on a daily basis with aim to give a powerful dose of antioxidants to your bodyto prevent cancer and many other health problems.